Thursday, July 31, 2008

Summer lv

i miss writing...i miss reading literature, i miss midnight rendezvous with my pen and paper, i miss scribbles of cheesy nothings on tissue papers during summer...most of all, i miss being melodramatic...

i hear the sizzle of the heated pavement
i feel the warm breeze gently blowing the ends of my hair
i sense the dampness of the spaces in between my fingers,
it's summer...and it makes me think of you...

i taste the saltiness at the corners of my arid lips,
i find beauty in the glowing sun as it sets at way past six
i take notice of the ubiquitous sounds
made by children's giggles and ice cream bells
it's summer...and it makes me think of you...

i look at the silent changing of the blue clouds
i smell the freshness of the grass in our neighbor's lawn
i listen to the fading melody of faraway guitar strings,
as i catch myself falling into yet another Sunday afternoon reverie
it's summer...and it makes me think of you...

it's summer...let me experience the harsh rays of the sun
let the warmth of the wind beat on my senses,
let the heat consume now...
for i know, soon...it will surely rain on me...

No comments: